Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Obsessed

I'm reeeeal into chevron patterns these days. I can't stop thinking about a chevron rug in the sunroom. Or the living room. Or the dining room. Or the kitchen.

This could get dangerous real fast.

Chevron has been one of those things that's been in the back of my mind for a while. I want it to fit in somewhere but it hadn't reached fruition.

Then, thanks to the totally talented bryn alexandra I happened upon this very reasonably priced fabric. Yes, please.



It had me wondering how many zig zag toss pillows one can have in her house and not look like a crazy person. I have my eye on the black and the yellow, of course. But the village blue and village green are calling to me too.

But earlier today, browsing Decor Pad for some gray paint ideas, I fell head over heels in love with these bold curtains.



And I am just dying at this bold chevron rug (and how gorgeous is that chair?)



If you want something a little more on the subtle side, how about this rug from West Elm?



For the very brave (and patient!) among us, how about an entire chevron wall?



Or for a high contrast look, this wallpaper from walnut wallpaper has me weak in the knees.



I'm even cheating on the monthly Design Sponge calendar wallpaper with a Riki Zaris Chevron Print on my desktop!

And speaking of obsessions, my birthday is coming up in a little over a week and I have a serious suspicion I'm getting living room paint! I already got a new iphone, so this would be totally sweet.

So what am I doing on my way home? Paint samples. I think I want Martha Stewart Bedford Gray, but I need to get a sample on the wall. This will be sample number 5, so hopefully it's the one, and we won't end up with another kitchen situation (My favorite part of reading that post? We chose NONE of the colors on the walls or mentioned in the post. And we love the color we ended up choosing in desperation without a sample. Go figure)