Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm a liar

I'm starting to learn I should never proclaim something as perfect. Especially not 100% perfect. Especially not in reference to a paint color.

I'm a mind changer. It's just who I am, and I should accept it.

I loved that color. I really did. Until I looked at it and thought, it's got a little pink in it. And as soon as those words were in my brain, I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was over. And I told Brett and he stared at it for a while, and said that it kind of reminded him of the old bedroom color. Immediately we were both repulsed and knew we had to find something else.

We loved the gray next to it. Especially in natural light, it's just gorgeous. But we wanted something a little less green. So we found the next best thing, and I think this is it. I really really do. We'll see if I change my mind again, but painting week is fast approaching, so I think these may just be the colors.



Top to Bottom, 1st Column: Coccoon, Hardware (We think the powder room will be thick horizontal stripes), Lucent Yellow
2nd Column: Hardware, Oyster Bay, Sea Salt
3rd Column: Sedate Gray, Techno Gray, Andiron
4th Column: Sea Salt, Sassy Green, Chatroom

We will probably play with shades of these colors (dining room may switch to Chatroom, Fireplace may switch to Coccoon), and we've pretty much decided we're painting the upstairs bathroom again. I'm sure it will end up Comfort Gray or Retreat, which is from the same color blue-gray family as Oyster Bay and Sea Salt.

We've found our niche. And our niche is gray.