Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day Three

Well, the day is quickly coming to a close. No pictures to post, since everything in the house is hard to get right now. I'm posting from my phone, because the couch is pushed up against the wall and my computer is somewhere underneath. Not to mention, the camera battery is charging in our bedroom, which has been isolated as a part of kitty jail.

I'm happy to report that the cabinets are painted! They look so much whiter and brighter, an to be honest, it wasn't nearlyaa difficult as I thought. Oil paint is not as bad as people say it is. Sure, it's gummy if it gets on you, and it's hard to clean. Of course I'd rather deal with latex, but I was okay with oil. It was a pleasant surprise.

Tomorrow will be mostly a day of rest, movies, and chinese food. Or maybe waffle house. But I do plan to work a little bit. I'll clean up the kitchen and put most everything back in. Then I'll actuall clean the kitchen, which I've been dying to do since the project started. And I'll hang up 12 of the doors and see the hardware. It's a fittig way for a couple who loves home improvement to spend Christmas no?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!