Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day Two

of the kitchen transformation is going, well, okay. The major problem so far is that things are taking longer than I planned. Oops, I didn't budget in the extra hour for primer drying. Oops, I totally underestimated how long it would take to remove the hardware from the cabinets. Oops, we wasted an hour and a half driving to the movie, which we missed anyway because of stupid Christmas shopping traffic.

I think I'm still okay on time, I really do. But let's just say my possible plans of painting the guest room or office this weekend are swiftly disappearing. And I'm rethinking painting the insides of the cabinets at this point.

But overall, I'm happy with the progress so far. Today, I finished priming the laundry room, did a quick craft project while the primer dried, made a grocery run, made a separate Lowe's run for paint trays (even though Lowe's and Target are NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER. Grrrrr.), and painted the laundry room. Then after our jaunt out to about a mile away from the movie theater and back, I took off all the cabinet doors and removed the hardware. I also figured out that the hinges I bought won't work. So tomorrow I've got to return the hinges and pick up some new ones tomorrow.

I'm also planning to get at least one coat on the cabinet frames and doors. If the weather is like it was this afternoon, I'll be clearing out the living room and painting the doors in there. Wish me luck, and hope for no little white kitty prints all over the floors, please!

Here are some pictures of today's progress.