Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white...

Kitchen?

You would think as much as I complain about my all white kitchen, I wouldn't enjoy this so much. But on Sunday morning, I primed the kitchen walls. And unless we changed the flooring to white, there's no way our kitchen could get any whiter.

It's gone from the Caribbean



to fresh, clean, white, bright! And I'm shocked by how much I LOVE it.




Okay, so the blue is still peeking out from the primer. And the laundry room, which won't be primed until Brett and I are both around, probably this weekend.

But the walls, the trim, the cabinets, the ceiling, they're all white. All except for one corner on the other side of the room.



As many times as I think I'm done choosing paint colors, when it comes down to it, I have to reconsider. We thought we had settled on a yellow-green for the kitchen. Specifically Sherwin Williams Independent Gold. But Brett decided it was too dark, so we picked up a few samples and threw them up on the wall.

Oops. I thought the one Brett liked looked like someone ate a ton of lime sherbet and threw up on the wall. He thought the one I liked looked like radiation poisoning. And we both saw the other's point. But we loved the cream we were considering for the cabinets. We loved it so much we painted a huge swatch on the wall and couldn't stop staring.

But did we want cream walls and white cabinets? We decided we didn't. So today, I picked up a few more samples and set to work when I got home. There are 10 different colors on the wall, and I think we've finally made a decision.

We're going with cream walls (it almost hurts to type that with these color loving hands), white trim, and cabinets in a light blue/gray. The greige color is in the plan for our living room (and good news, we both LOVE it so there won't be another 10 samples on the living room walls), and we'd like to find a backsplash tile as close to that color as possible. Round it out with grayish brown countertops and we've got ourselves a brand new kitchen!



The colors we've chosen are:
Walls: SW Oyster White
Cabinets: SW Sea Salt
Trim: SW Origami White

I'm so excited! I can't wait for our counter top install so we can get started!