Thursday, December 24, 2009

Frustration

There was a chance a couple of hours ago that if I didn't leave the kitchen, I was going to hulk smash my cabinets off the wall. This project is just not going smoothly. Today's setbacks have included an early morning trip to three hardware stores looking for cabinet hinges before getting frustrated and just coming home, running out of tape, finding out that both parchment paper and formica are immune to masking tape, and a final mad dash to Ace to get more tape, where I found 12 of the 17 hinges I need. They're a different brand a slightly different finish than the hinges at Lowe's and Home Depot, but Ace is ordering me 5 more which will be here by Wednesday. So we'll just have 5 doors that stay in a corner until then.

I'm taking a quick lunch break, and then I'll start wiping down the cabinets, doors, and drawer front. Then it will be time to lock that cats in kitty jail (our bedroom and the sunroom) and get started. Hopefully.