Sunday, April 18, 2010

Slackin'

I'll admit, I had few home related plans this week. But I was so excited to get my new fabric from the Little Green Notebook (I snagged enough of the gray stripe for our living room chair or LR/DR curtains and a yard of the pink houndstooth), I was hoping to bust out the machine and make a couple of changes to the guest room.

And... I got nothing.

Friday I took some me time and had a salon/spa/shopping day. My eyebrows are waxed and dyed, my eyelashes are tinted, and my hair is gone. I realized that I've had a bob somewhere between my chin and my shoulders for the last two plus years. I was ready for a change. And with the weather changing, I was ready for something short.

hair 018

Friday night we had a great time at a Zydeco concert. Then yesterday, I spent all day baking for today. Brett's work had a crawfish boil and a dessert contest today!

I went with s'mores and cherry limeade cupcakes. Even though I didn't win, we made a strong showing. And I may have eaten a few mouthfuls of toasted marshmallow frosting.

header 037

header 036

We had a great time, though! But this week I'm hoping to get back to some small projects nd some craigslist stalking.

Hope everybody had a great weekend!