Saturday, August 7, 2010

Post Along Project: Break Time

After four solid hours up and down the ladder, plus 4 or 5 more painting the ceiling, plus three more karaokeing, my body was screaming at me to take a break. A real break.

So today, we made the list and got the stiff for dry wall patching. We'll put the lights and vents back up (once they dry, we washed them and we're waiting for the little sponge parts to dry), and then tomorrow I'll do some more work. I don't know if I'll even get to painting the walls this weekend.

Last night, I finished the ceiling. My husband texted me at ten to meet him at 11 and I still had the dining room, plus I had paint all in my hair. I was painting like a mad woman. Literally, RUNNING around the house. Y'all, I was huffing like Tom on Design Star. I wish you could have seen me.

But I finished painting that dining room ceiling in a half an hour. And I showered and was at the bar by 11:05! But I'm paying for it today. I slept until 8 and woke up so sore! We cleaned up (no time for that last night) and then watched a movie. And we're just relaxing.

I got the cutest schoolhouse globes for the stairway light fixtures! We're about to nap for a bit, then we'll put them up and maybe I'll post some picture of them and the ceiling tonight. It's so pretty!