Saturday, January 30, 2010

What's the opposite of Going Green?

No, we haven't stopped recycling (although we really need to step it up).

But I spent a lovely afternoon covering up the first paint job we did in the house.



We agonized over this decision. We actually liked the green, but it was just a lot. A whole lot of very green, right in your face. And it just didn't fit in with the rest of the colors we've chosen. We didn't want to be walking around our house of light, soothing shades of blue and gray, and then BAM. Acid green!

And when I saw this post over at Good Food, Good Friends, Good Life, I fell in love with the color. I knew we wanted something a bit lighter for our guest room, but I thought the color (Valspar Jekyll Grand Dining Sea Mist) would be perfect for our bathroom.

And the verdict?




Pretty sweet.