Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Guest Room Reveal

Our guest room has never been our first priority. But I decided to use my Christmas gift card to Sherwin Williams to put the wheels in motion.

It was a dark, green room with hand me down furniture and dark linens.




And we did the dreaded "choose a paint based only on the swatch" thing that failed us in the bathroom again. But this time it worked oh so well.

We wanted a color that could go from guest room to eventual nursery. So our requirements were gender neutral, light, and versatile. I think we hit it right on the mark with Sparkling Sage.



It makes our antique furniture look so much richer and nicer!

We used some old bedding we already had to tie in the new brighter look.



See those two throw pillows in the front? I made those! It was my first time making pillows and it was super, duper easy. I have a tutorial coming soon.

And I used the same fabric, plus some others, to cover canvases and make some cheap and easy art (50% off on the canvas and the fabric = super score!)



I'm so happy with the way it turned out. We finally have an adult guest room, just in time for our house guest this weekend!