Saturday, November 28, 2009

De-Parotting

It's not that Brett and I don't like a good margarita or a lounge on the beach. And our general love for animals extends to parrot kind. They're colorful, smart, and some of them can talk, what's not to love?

There's one place where parrots just don't belong. And that's in our home decor. We moved into a house with two very prominent parrot features. Our lovely front door features a parrot etched in the glass, now covered with our front door wreath.

And our kitchen features a wallpaper border full of colorful parrots.



Or should I say featured? Brett and are now, happily, a Single Parrot Family.

That's right, I got a wild hair when we got home from our Thanksgiving trip and pulled them down. And found another layer. And another. Ugh. I'm not sure if I went too far or what, but I'm just happy to have those parrots gone. Tomorrow, I'm going to give the walls a good sanding and a coat of Kilz, and hope for the best.