Monday, September 7, 2009

Weekend Update

Labor Day Weekend is almost over. And let's be honest, the rest of my day is already booked with couch surfing and buffalo wing consuming, so I feel I can accurately talk about the progress I made this weekend.

The master bedroom is not done. Yeah, I suck. BUT I MADE MAJOR PROGRESS. I swear. I touched up all of the paint around the baseboards and door frames. I tried to do it around the crown, but lets just say it's not quite time for me to be on a ladder just yet. Brett will finish that up this week, I hope. Thanks to some retail therapy this morning, we now have bedding that actually matches. We have shams! Of two different kinds! And we have throw pillows! Pictures will come in a separate post later. So I still have to get lamps, put in a new ceiling fan, and buy art for above the bed. I've already picked out all of this stuff. It's just a matter of biting the bullet and spending the approximately $500 that it's going to take to get it done (and convincing my husband that it's worth it). Especially since almost 50% of that money is going towards a freaking frame for the art. Beautiful print: $50. Frame for said print: 200 freaking dollars! Framing costs are out of control.

We also decided on a whim to deal with our shower. Our first foray into DIY plumbing was a little overwhelming. More on that later, once pictures are taken and I've calmed down a little bit. I don't want to fill the page with fifty f-bombs in case my mother in law reads this. Hi Jan!

In non-home related activities, I cleaned out my car (you can get up off the floor family members. Brett didn't even help, except for carrying the vacuum outside for me!), watched the entire first season of Chuck (great show! I highly recommend it), enjoyed a lunch out with my husband, made my mom's famous Chicken Dorito Casserole, and bought my mother in law's birthday present, which I am totally jealous of.

We'll see how long it takes me to get my bedroom what I call "Rate My Space" done. Anyone familiar with the site knows what I'm talking about, but people are brutal over there, and I long to get a 5 star rating. Sigh. Someday...