Sunday, March 7, 2010

Whoo Hoo!

Finally, A Sunday night I can be proud of.

We got so much accomplished this weekend, and I'm a very happy girl.

Friday, we went to the Rotary's Trash and Treasure Sale. I picked up 5 brass candlesticks and a couple of plates for the kitchen wall (one of which will be turned into a clock) for a grand total of nine bucks. We also spotted a little sewing table for $40 that I wanted to turn into a vanity for the powder room. Brett wasn't totally sold on it, so we left without it.

Saturday morning I walked the Race for the Cure with a friend, and then came home and rested my barking dogs before making a trip to Hobby Lobby for plate hangers and candles. On a whim, I picked up some fabric to make cloth napkins for my next sewing project. I spent the rest of the night reading and resting, prepping for a busy Sunday.

Then today, I finally finished the reading challenge I've been working on since the beginning of the year. I finished early enough to do a little fun shopping at Target. My purchases, along with my new old candlesticks, make a fun centerpiece for our dining room.




Then I popped back into the Trash and Treasure sale for half price today. And our little sewing table was still there! At $20, it was a no brainer. Even if our plan doesn't work out, we're not out that much, right?



And then I managed to finish the office curtains before Brett got home. Then it was time for lunch and a break from work. We headed to the zoo where we saw Zuri the baby rhino.



And some pretty adorable elephants.



Once we got home, we were refreshed and ready to hang up the curtains.

I can't believe my first ever sewing project turned out so well. There were a few mistakes, but nothing noticeable unless you're me.



I love the gray, black, and two shades of deep orange against the barely blue walls.



They really liven up the space! I can't wait to really decorate the office in earnest.