Monday, March 8, 2010

Our First Mood Board Monday!

I've decided to start participating in Mood Board Monday over at Pewter and Sage. This week's challenge gives the choice of two rugs as a jumping off point. I chose a rug I've loved ever since I first saw it: The Andalusia in yellow from West Elm.

I'm thinking about our living room a lot lately, so I decided to do a living room with a mix of modern elements and some traditional patterns (like the one on the rug!).



Let's start with colors. I thought the yellow rug would look great with a barely there blue gray, so I paired it with the color we recently used in the office: Misty from Sherwin Williams. For accent colors, I thought citrus hues would look great with a charcoal gray.

This beautiful sunflower mirror from Pier 1 brings a metal element to the room, and it's a steal at only $39.98! I want this. Bad.

For the windows, these beautiful tone on tone velvet drapes from West Elm would almost disappear against the walls, but would bring some wonderful texture to the room.

That gorgeous acid green floor lamp is the Bauhaus Arc Floor Lamp from CB2. The color is gorgeous, but the realy beauty is the functionality. Its' large arch allows it to service the couch, the chair, or anywhere in between.

And how about that gorgeous couch? I've had my eye on this beauty for months. It's the Karlstad sofa from Ikea in Sivik dark gray. This particular one is a sleeper, which is perfect for those of us with smaller houses and little space for guests.

One the sofa are a couple of pillows from CB2. The Colossal Cables Throw from Anthropologie is just the thing for cuddling up on cold nights.

The stunner of an armchair is the Lulu Chair in Flourish Smoke from Urban Outfitters. I love the modern shape, the gray print, and the tufted back. It's wonderful.

The Pod Table from Urban Outfitters is a great pop of color in an unexpected shape. On top of the table, how about this gorgeous Bell Jar lamp from West Elm and the always adorable ceramic lion from Jonathan Adler.

This room may be a bit out of my budget, but I could totally hang out here. Could you?

P.S.: If you're visiting for the first time from Pewter and Sage, welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about us making our first house into a home. This is my first mood board, so any comments or pointers are more than welcome!