Friday, March 19, 2010

No fun

There will be no projects this weekend.

Yesterday morning, Brett drove me to the oral surgeon and I spent a couple of hours blissfully unaware as they cut out my wisdom teeth. The afternoon and today have been mostly spent on the couch/in the bed looking like this.



I'm feeling surprisingly good though. I took a trip to the library for some vegetarian cookbooks (a very new thing in my life that may or may not be long term), and even took 30 minutes to make a red lentil curry. I thought rice + creamy beans would be perfect for my aching mouth, but it's really not. The curry is delicious, but hard to eat.

Still, the rest of the weekend is not looking good for decorating. We'd like to go to garage sales and the farmer's market tomorrow, but it will all depend on how I feel. I'm still hoping to tackle the dreaded space above the fridge Sunday!

Oh, and!!!!! I bought the tile for the backsplash before my surgery Thursday! We went with 3x6" white subway tile and a 2x4" accent stripe in a muddy gray glass called "mink." I can't wait to get it up on the walls. It will be here in 7-10 days, so I'm hoping we'll get to it in about two weeks.