Sunday, February 28, 2010

One more down!

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Or maybe the bottom of the paint can?

Yesterday, we painted the office. To paint the ceiling, we had to take the ceiling fan completely down. So last night, we couldn't see the paint after it had dried. I successfully convinced myself that it was basically white and that we would have to repaint it a darker shade.

Then I woke up this morning to this.



Thank the good lord I love it.





Especially the color of the desk along with it! I can't wait to see the room put together!

Unfortunately, these pictures don't do the color justice at all. I'm hoping that once the ceiling fan is put back up (today hopefully), we can get some better pictures.

The room is so much brighter than it was with the old teal:



Next up: curtains. I bought this curtain rod for more than 50% off. I can't wait to see how the fabric we've chosen pops on the light gray walls!

We also did a little shopping today, and came home with what else, more plates. I hope to get them hung Tuesday. I also got a little picture frame and a pen holder for the office, and a gorgeous Pottery Barn Christmas ornament for $3! Pretty successful trip to end a pretty successful weekend!