Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday Wishes

In t-minus 5 and a half hours, I will enter my mid twenties. Squeeee! I know 24 is young, but I'm so excited to get there. I feel like we've come so far in the past year. We've paid off a significant chunk of credit card debt, and bought a house. We've also gone through the bulk of our first year of marriage, and we're so excited to move through the coming phases of our lives together. I love birthdays because it's a concrete reminder that you're moving through life.

And the best thing about birthdays are birthday wishes. Especially when those wishes come in person. It's no secret I'm not happy about living so far away from my family. But tomorrow, the ladies of my family are descending on Baton Rouge for an almost week long celebration of my birth. My mom and both grandmas are coming and we're going to GET. STUFF. DONE!

We're going to tackle the stenciling in the bedroom, and hopefully the trim and doors. And we're going to make a plan for the yard. I know it's not the right time for planting, so we're going to plan out and budget for the front and back. We'll have plenty of time to dig out the beds and put down edging before we need to get plants. I'm horrible with plants, but Brett has strong opinions. My only requirements are that I want to keep the two trees in the front yard, and the camellia and hibiscus in the back. And LOW MAINTENANCE is key.

Plus, we're going to have plenty of fun and girl time. Tomorrow is the big day, so we're going to dinner at P.F. Chang's. I love it, and I never, ever get to go there thanks to my Chang's hating hubs. Plus there will be some shopping to fill up the accessory lacking bedroom. I can't wait for them to get here!

I'm sure I'll barely make it through the day at work tomorrow.