Monday, September 27, 2010

AWOL

I'm not even sure when the last time I posted was, but I've been so busy at work that I've barely had time to come up for air, much less work on any projects. I think since I last posted, the only thing I've done is touch up the fireplace. The touch-ups really sharpened the whole look and Brett is totally on board with the black fireplace now.

Unfortunately, we have some very bad news here at the Clueless Home. Last week, we unexpectedly found out that our Weenie Man had a tumor in his little belly. It was just too much for his little body, and we had to put him to sleep on Friday. We will miss him so much, but we're relieved that his pain has been lifted. In his too short life, he touched us in so many ways.

I've loved many pets in my life, but I've never had a bond like I did with Weenie Man. Every room, every piece of furniture holds a memory of the two (or three) of us. Whether it was him sitting next to me on the arm of the sofa while we watched TV, sitting in the dining room chair with us while we ate dinner, patiently waiting for a table scrap, or hopping up on the ledge of the bathtub and drinking my bathwater, he made his mark on every inch of this house.

Even though we'll always have those memories, we wanted to add something a little more concrete. So we printed out some of our favorite pictures of him, and framed them for around the house. Now in our bedroom and in the office, we will always have a reminder of our favorite boy.

weenie 003

weenie 001

We took it really easy this weekend, mostly reminiscing and trying to sleep, but we are trying to get back to normal, and I'm hoping to start some sewing projects soon. I'm itching to get some curtains up in the living room and guest room.

I also just sewed an adorable throw pillow for a sweet upcoming arrival's nursery, and once I get permission from Mom-to-be, I'll post pictures and instructions!