Thursday, February 24, 2011

After 10 months

The drapes for the living and dining room are sewn and ready to hang!

We'll be hanging them the next time we see each other, which will be either tomorrow or Saturday. I absolutely can't wait.

I actually bought the fabric last April with plans to reupholster the green chair (which, man, I've almost had that thing for a year now). But it didn't have the right weight for upholstery. I still loved it, and knew it would be perfect for the drapes. It's a gray and white linen stripe, almost exactly the same shade as the wall color. We actually chose the wall color based on the fabric. They really look great, and I can't wait to see them up. I'll just have to hang them and hem the bottoms to finish up.

Here's a picture of the fabric from when we were choosing the paint color for the room.

cabinet paint 009

I can't stand bare windows, so it's hard to believe I've been living without anything in this rooms since the summer. Can't wait!